White Bean & Escarole Soup
This hearty, high protein, vegan soup is acceptable for all blood types.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 16-ounce can cannellini beans, or other appropriate white bean
- 4 to 5 cups water
- 2 Tablespoons mellow white miso
- 1/2 Tablespoon rosemary, fresh or dried
- sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 pound escarole or swiss chard, trimmed and coarsely chopped
How to make it:
- Heat olive oil in large soup pot.
- Saute onion and garlic for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add beans and cook until warm.
- Heat 1 cup water.
- Dilute miso in warm water.
- Set aside.
- Puree 2/3 of onions & beans in food processor (or mash well).
- Slowly add miso water to thin beans. The consistency should be somewhat loose.
- Add more water if necessary.
- Add pureed bean mixture to soup pot with whole beans and onions.
- Add balance of water, rosemary and salt to taste. Bring to simmer.
- Add escarole or swiss chard.
- Cook for 10 minutes more.
- Serve immediately.
- Makes 4-6 servings.
Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)